Connect with us


Lagos gas explosion, at least four injured 



Reports have gathered that at least four people were injured in a gas explosion in Lagos in the early hours of Monday, June 26th.

The incident occurred at Ijaiye, beside the Apostolic Church, Agege, where it was discovered that a shop stored with gas cylinders caught fire.

Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said investigations revealed that one of the gas cylinders exploded as a result of gas leakage and, in the process, caught fire, affecting the shop while other shops and adjoining buildings were salvaged.

The agency also confirmed that no lives were lost but noted that the four victims of the fire incident sustained various degrees of injuries (second-degree burns) as a result of the incident, and they are being attended to by the agency’s prehospital care, alongside LASAMBUS.

LASEMA director-general, Dr. Olufemi Oke-Osanyitolu said, “The victims have also been moved to Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH.”

The agency disclosed that the inferno has been completely put out by the combined effort of LASEMA LRT, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, and a post-incident assessment was conducted by the agency’s LRT alongside LASG Fire.

The agency added that the shop has been cordoned off to avert a secondary incident.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *